Job ID: 829
Job Title: Onsite Infrastructure Engineer - Windows Server
Salary: £30000 - £35000
On-Site Windows Server Infrastructure Engineer: £30-35K - Swindon
Parc Ellis are proud to be working with a leading Managed Services Company who look after the Infrastructure for a prestigious world leader in connectivity and sensor solutions, has been named in FORTUNE magazine's 2018 List of World's Most Admired Companies.
The role will involve working on site at facilities in Swindon with the rest of the team of employed onsite staff to provide installation, integration and support services in the area of Server Infrastructure. The role predominately involves implementing and supporting Windows Server Infrastructure equipment (however experience with desktop devices to assist team with an existing rollout would be beneficial as well). The successful candidate will be expected to have a good working knowledge of Windows Server (2008 to 2016), VMware and ideally Windows 7 to 10.
Being such a large client there are other sites you may need to attend in the UK as deemed necessary, travel and overnight stays maybe required as part of the role however please note this is infrequent – perhaps once per quarter…. On a day to day basis the role will involve building and configuring virtual and physical servers, maintaining existing infrastructure, administering and configuring various applications.
- Installing and configuring VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers.
- Day to day administration (back-ups, patching, monitoring) of VMWare ESXi and Windows Servers (2008-2016).
- Configuration and administration of File Servers, Print Servers, MS SQL, IIS and application servers for in house applications.
- Working network knowledge.
- Experience with end user desktop support would be advantageous.
Education & Experience
- Proven experience rolling out Server rollout is required.
- Experience with desktop rollout would be beneficial.
- Relevant industry technical qualifications as stated below (MCSA/MCSE/VCP/ITIL)
This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a leading Managed Services Company and play a lead role on a key client site, whilst learning new skills in a company that offers scope for career progression and development.
For more information and a full job spec, please get in touch.